This is not fancy but a quick, easy, and I think delicious skillet supper. I like it seasoned with just salt and pepper. Feel free to add whatever you like.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen potato pierogi, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, florets,thawed
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a big skillet, heat the oil over medium-high.
- Cook the beef and onion, stirring frequently, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is tender.
- Add the pierogis and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add in the broccoli, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Top with the cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or til the cheese is melted and broccoli is heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We all enjoyed this skillet dinner. I knew that I would like it but it actually exceeded my expectations. I did salt and pepper it while the beef was cooking and just corrected the seasoning at the end. I had some mushrooms that needed to be used so I chopped them up and threw them in with the beef. I noticed the suggestion for a sauce so I made a sauce with mushroom soup just in case it needed it. We tried it with the sauce and it was good but we also liked it without. I would be remiss not to mention that the broccoli tastes fantastic in this dish. It may be nice served with a bit of sour cream. Thanks for sharing your very good recipe. Out table will see this one again.