Sheila's (saucy) Brussels Sprouts
This is the other recipe for brussels sprouts from the Bridge series of cookbooks that is so delicious. I think I prefer this one over Sheila's (tolerable) Brussels Sprouts, but they are both really tasty. Cook and prep. times are approximate.
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Wash and trim brussels sprouts.
- Cook (uncovered) until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and saute onions until soft, but not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour over cooked sprouts.