Pecan Blondie Caramel Cups (Pillsbury)
Be careful with these, it's a war over them, their so good! This recipe is from the Philsbury Cook-Off cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 20 caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 pecan halves (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 16 muffin tins with baking cups.
- Melt butter in med saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar. Add vanilla and egg, mixing well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Blend well. Stir in the chopped nuts then pour batter into the lined muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 min until golden brown.
- Topping: In small saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with the water, stirring constantly.
- Immediately when muffins are out of oven, place chocolate chips evenly into middle of each cupcake. Spoon scant tablespoon of caramel over the chips in each cup. (if caramel starts to thicken, stir in additional water to maintain consistency). Top each with a pecan half. Store in a tightly covered container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These got rave reviews from kids and adults alike. A sweet indulgence that will make you smile or make them for your friends and family and watch the smile it brings to their faces! I used a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and a 1/2 tablespoon to scoop up the caramel. I really liked that they were in muffin cups which eliminated the need for messy cutting and made it convenient to travel with. I'm saving this recipe in my favorites! EDIT: I just saw this recipe in the Pilsburry Cook-Off cookbook and noticed that the chocolate chips are not supposed to be visible and the caramel should be about the size of a quarter in the middle of the cup with a few chopped pecans on top. I'm not very good at following directions but They still tasted great.Reply