Oven Barbecued Steak
- Ready In:
- 21hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs round steaks, 3/4 in
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, as you like (or more)
- Cut steaks into 10 serving pieces.
- Pour oil into heavy skillet and brown steak on both sides.
- Arrange steak in a 9x12 glass baking dish.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and brown lightly.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer in the skillet for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and pour sauce over the steak in the baking dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 21/2 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
- Serve hot with favorite side dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a displaced Southern boy living in Montana. I love it here though. I've been here for 30 years, so I must. I like to fish, camp and I love to garden. I like to fool around in the kitchen and see what I can dream up sometimes. It's just me and the missus now and I do most of the cooking. I leave Holidays to her though since she laid dibs on those.<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="photobucket">