Onion Batter Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in lukewarm water in a large bowl.
- Add 3 cups flour, softened butter, onion soup mix and salt to yeast mixture.
- Beat with an electric mixer set at medium-high for 2 minutes. Add remaining flour and beat until blended.Let rise, covered, until almost double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Generously butter two 71/2 x 4 inch loaf pans.
- Stir down the dough. Spoon into prepared pans.Let rise, covered until dough reaches tops of pans, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake bread until browned, about 50-55 minutes.
- Invert onto wire racks. Brush with melted butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!