Old Fashion Pecan Pie
Wonderful homemade pecan pie--better than any frozen pie could ever be!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 20 whole pecans (for topping)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, but don’t let it brown.
- Mix in the sugar and corn syrup and cook, stirring over medium heat, until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in eggs; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour in pie shell and bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour, or until firm when shaken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation