I am from Nicaragua and have been looking for an authentic recipe for years! I finally came across this one a few weeks ago onoline and had to share!
This is always a crowd pleaser and very easy to make if you closely follow the recipe. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Cream butter or margarine and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake all over with a fork.
6. Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake. Be careful to not over do it since you should have some left over that you will not need. I recommend placing the cake in the fridge for one hour and letting it soak up the milk before adding the whip cream mixture.
7. Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together until thick. You are going to need an electric mixer for this. Spread over the top of cake and refrigerate overnight, enjoy!