German Chocolate Tres Leches
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milks, 1/2 cup cream and rum. With a wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 1/2 inches apart. Slowly pour milk mixture over cake, allowing mixture to absorb into cake. Let stand 30 minutes. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans. If desired, drizzle servings with chocolate syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"