Coconut Tres Leches Hot Chocolate
- Ready In:
- 3 cups low-fat milk (or whole milk)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (2/3 cup)
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate shavings (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine the low fat milk, coconut milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Whisk in cocoa powder until well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. You may add more sugar if desired.
- Serve in mugs topped with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A lovely hot chocolate. I used Recipe #261614. I used the 3 tablespoons of cocoa. Next time I may increase the cocoa to 4 tablespoons. As I am sitting here enjoying the cocoa, I am thinking of some wonderful variations...coconut rum or add some almond extract to create an Almond Joy cocoa. Delicious! Made for PRMR.
Even with my trimmed down subs this was outstanding. Here's the rundown: for the coconut milk I used Recipe #187372 and for the sweetened condensed milk I used Recipe #319169. I saved so much fat and calories by using the subs that I didn't have a second thought about using chocolate whipped cream and 1/10 of an ounce of chocolate shavings. Oh happy day :D
This is a tasty hot chocolate variation! My hubby loved the chocolate and coconut flavors together; said it reminded him of his favorite pie. I whisked in the full 3 TB of cocoa powder, plus 2 tsp of sugar to get it sweet and chocolate-y enough for us. With the different milks, it was definitely rich and creamy enough to leave off a whipped cream topping, so we skipped that. Thanks for sharing this recipe.