Mark Bittman's Teriyaki Sauce
I don't like to buy my ingredients for my recipes if I can make them myself. This is a quick teriyaki recipe for chicken, pork or a dipping sauce.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mirin or 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- Combine the soy sauce and mirin in a small sauce pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the remaining ingredients and use immediately or cool and refrigerate for up to one day.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation