Marinated Tuna With Cherry Sauce
photo by Pamela B.
- Ready In:
- Place the tuna in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Pour the wine and vinegar over the tuna.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Warm the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, wine, cherries and sugar.
- Drain the marinade from the fish and add to the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20 minutes, until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile preheat the broiler.
- Coat a broiler pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the tuna on the pan and broil 4" from the heat for about 10 minutes per 1" thickness of fish, or until slightly pink in the center.
- Turn the fish over halfway through cooking time.
- Serve wit the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite cookbook, well I guess I have 3...The Way to Cook, by Julia Child, the Low Fat Living Cookbook and The California Wine Country Cookbook II. I am retired, due to no longer being able to work because of complications from the Crohns Disease I have lived with since 1971. For a while I didn't even do any cooking or knitting since the inflammatory arthrisis (secondary to the Crohns) was too painful in my hands and feet. Fortunately I am now on a drug protocol that seems to be working, but I am still not able to be as productive as I would like. Still can't work, but I am cooking and knitting again. My husband and I moved to Surprise, Arizona at the end of January 2005. My husband is retired from being in the wine business. I love to cook (and we love to eat) and am always looking for new recipies to try. Due to a slight blood sugar problem my husband has to stick to a diet that eliminates sugars and bad carbs, so I have had to modify a lot of the recipes we like. I love Recipezaar, as I have found so many good, healthy recipes here. I hope you enjoy the recipes that I post as much as I have enjoyed the new ones I've found here.</p>