Lotsa Veggies Meatball Soup (Crock Pot)
I really like recipes that make use of frozen mixed vegetables -- I feel so virtuous eating them and have none of the work preparing them.! And this one has frozen meatballs, too. Talk about ease-of-preparation! Recipe from TOH.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 15 frozen fully cooked meatballs, thawed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup spiral shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- In a slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LO for 4-5 hours. (Meanwhile, you can cook the pasta -- or use leftover pasta).
- Just before serving, stir in pasta; heat through. Discard bay leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
WOW!!!THIS WAS FABULOUS & EASY TOO!!!<br/>Its been getting colder here in the midwest and I was craving a warn bowl of soup. This was that and more! I used a large (29 oz) can of mixed veggies instead of frozen because I had it on hand. I used "The Best Homemade Meatballs" from Family Fun Magazine which I'll post here in a minute. Also used 3/4 of a (16oz) bag of Cavatappi. It turned out AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!