Loonyspoon's Mercedes Buns
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From the Loonyspoon cookbook. Cinnamon buns with very little fat.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Take Control Light spread
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 ounce fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- Note may use 2% which the recipe called for also.
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with Pam and set aside.
- Roll out dough to 9 by 12 rectangle.
- Brush with 1/2 take control, melted.
- Mix the brown sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 over dough. Spread evenly to edges. Roll jelly roll style. This should make a 12 inch long loaf. Seal by pinching edges. Cut into 12 pieces. Arrange in baking pan. Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Brush with rest of Take Control, melted and sprinkle with last of sugar mix.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Should be puffed and golden brown.
- Prepare glaze while waiting. Beat the icing, cream cheese and milk on high speed until smooth.
- Remove buns and drizzle on. Serve warm.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and store at room temp for left over buns.
- To reheat use the microwave. Individually heat for about 15 to 20 seconds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION