Lime Honey Fruit Compote
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Home Food Dehydrating by Jay and Shirley Bills. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it sounds yummy. Cooking time is actually sitting-in-the-fridge time.
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 medium apples, cored and grated (not peeled)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 12 prunes, chopped
- 12 pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (or walnuts)
- Combine lime zest and lime juice.
- Drop grated apple immediately into the lime juice.
- Add honey, raisins, prunes, and dates; mix well; and chill 12-24 hours for flavors to blend.
- Just before serving, mix in the pecans or walnuts.
- May serve with cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
4 1/4 stars. This was very sweet, I liked the crunch of the walnuts which I used. I used the lime zest and juice of a fresh lime, Gala apples like another reviewer, local unpasturised honey, dark raisins, no prunes as I didn't have any but added some very sweet Khaleeji dates in a bit more than called for (I love them anyways). This reminded me of what I mix into oats with yogurt to make uncooked muesli. Made for Veggie Swap 23.Reply
AN OUTSTANDING COMPOTE! I really appreciated the use of lime here! Used Gala apples, a mild honey, dark raisins, dried plums (or prunes, depending on where you head is at!), Medjool dates & pecans ~ As I said, OUTSTANDING! A great topping for dried cereals or hot oatmeal, & oh-so-nice over frozen yogurt! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my raw food partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 3]Reply