Light Vegan Chocolate Banana Cake
photo by sarahilayda
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups almond milk (or any kind of non-dairy) or 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (amount is up to you)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- First of all you can make this recipe as it is by that I mean combine these ingredients in 1 bowl or you can make 2 separate batches one with chocolate, one with banana and mix to get this colour difference in the cake.
- Even if you decide to make this recipe in just 1 bowl or 2 bowls, it's quite simple.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder in the bowl then add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the liquid ingredients, mashed banana and fold.
- You can use any kind of bowl to bake it, depending on what you're looking for. If you want a thick layer of cake, use a smaller bowl if you want a think cake like I did, use a bigger one, totally up to you.
- Cook the cake until the toothpick comes out clear mine took around 25 minutes, depending on your bowl's size this will change.
- Then let it cool down then cut it into sizes, Pour some powdered sugar on top, and you are done.
- You can add nuts or white/dark chocolate chips or whatever basically to this recipe and add more sugar if you want a sweeter cake, totally up to you. But I prefer it this way, I'm not a fan of really sweet desserts so -- You can remove the banana and make it a chocolate cake as well but if you're going to do that double the amount of the cocoa powder.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love Asian cuisine and Mediterranean. I usually make a lot of noodles, ramen, and pasta. I know doesn't sound so healthy, but yummy. I have recently turned kind-of vegan, I still enjoy a sushi time to time. Veganeque? I don't know. I love tea and coffee and any kind of hot beverage basically and I am all about simple and lazy recipes.