Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
This is a real "kid pleaser" from Woman's World magazine several years back.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, about 1 1/4 lbs.,peeled
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat 9" square pan with cooking spray; flour lightly.
- Combine flour,sugar,soda and salt.
- In a second bowl mash bananas; stir in oil and eggs until just combined.
- Mix dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Stir in chips.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really good! I did make a few changes. I used gluten free oat flour and melted coconut oil. Also reduced the sugar a bit -- probably about 3/4 cup. Instead of 1 tsp baking soda I used 1/2 (because I find too much makes it bitter) and added 1 tsp baking powder. I drizzled it with melted nutella as one other reviewer suggested.Reply
This cake was amazing. I made it in a 7 x 13 inch pan, mashed the banana's roughly, and added a 1/2 tsp of fresh lemon juice at the end and it came out amazing. It was slightly springy like a sponge cake when done. Next time I would reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup and leave out the chocolate chips (or use 1/4 cup mini chips) but that's just my personal preference.1Reply
see 22 more