Vegan Banana Chocolate Cake
photo by milliwuu
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil or 75 g vegetable oil
- 3 ounces chocolate pieces (optional) or 85 g chocolate pieces (optional)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (depending on whether you want it medium sweet or sweet, i use 30g for semi-sweet) or 50 -100 g brown sugar (depending on whether you want it medium sweet or sweet, i use 30g for semi-sweet)
- 3 5 small bananas (mashed with fork or processor) or 450 g bananas (mashed with fork or processor)
- 2 cups flour (can be replaced by half Whole Wheat Flour and half oatmeal powder) or 235 g flour (can be replaced by half Whole Wheat Flour and half oatmeal powder)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optionally doubled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optionally doubled)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves (optionally doubled)
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts (optional) or 100 g mixed nuts (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional) or 100 g dried fruits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°c or 375°F.
- Put oil, chocolate, and sugar in a medium pot and stir over small fire until just melted.
- Remove pan from fire. Add nuts and raisins then mashed banana to lower the temperture.
- Combine all DRY ingredients and stir into the pot.
- Bake appx. 25 minutes for cupcakes, and appx. 50 minutes for loaves depending on the size of your pans. Watch out for color and check for doneness by sticking in a wooden stick, should come out dry.
- Tip: If the color is already golden brown but the cake is still wet, cover with foil and continue baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!