Lemon Pepper Wings
I had the lemon pepper wings from Wing Stop and thought they were AWESOME so I was inspired to make something similar.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs chicken wings, cut into winglets
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon pepper (you start out with a tbs and add more as you taste it)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (I used packaged but fresh would be better)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- The wings can be baked or deep fried. When I bake them I brush melted butter over them and season them w/ a little salt and pepper. I bake them for about 40-45 minutes and then I put them under the broiler to finish them and make them crispy. In a deep fryer I season them and then fry them for 10-12 minute.
- While the wings are cooking, one stick of butter in a large bowl. It needs to be big enough to mix the sauce and toss the wings inches.
- Add the seasonings to the butter. When I made this I added a little bit of each at a time until it tasted the way I liked it. The lemon shouldn't overpower the buttery flavor, it should compliment it. If it tastes to lemony, add more butter.
- When the wings are done, drain them and then put them in the bowl with the sauce. with a large spoon, stir them until the sauce coats all the wings.
- I didn't think these needed a dipping sauce, they had great flavor on their own but you could reserve some of the sauce and use it as a dipping sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 5 more