Al Roker's Spicy Chicken Wings
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally for at least 2 hours or up to 12.
- Heat oven to 375° and line baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
- Add chicken in a single layer.
- Bake, turning chicken once for 1 1/4 hours or until chicken turns crispy.
- Note: After baking these can be cooled and refrigerated, covered for up to 24 hours. Reheat in covered baking dish in a 400° oven for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used Frank's Hot Sauce and it worked fine. We loved the wings and had them when friends were over so they could help me rate them! We all give them thumbs up, so you know they will be made here again! We all loved the hot/sweet combination of flavors! We had them with rice and peas with mushrooms. It was a very nice dinner if I do say so myself! Thanks!
I have already made these twice. I didn't add the total amount listed for the chili powder or hot sauce so it wouldn't be too spicy for the kids and they were still yummy. I love the sweetness of the honey with the tang of the hot sauce. I also agree with others that they didn't need to bake for the whole time listed, 45 min to an hour depending on your over is fine. Already planning on making these again. Thanks for posting Marie!!
These were very tasty -- but I was expecting them to be a little spicier. I will definitely make them again -- but I'll add more hot sauce and as one other reviewer suggested, some cayenne pepper. I also found that they didn't need the 1 1/4 hours baking time. It turned out to be under an hour. The next time I make them, I will also watch them a little closer in the oven -- they got a little dark by the first time I was ready to turn them. Consequently, I'll also lower the temperature to 365 instead of 375. After that first batch, I used the non-stick aluminum foil and that worked great.