Lemon Custard Cookies
- Ready In:
- 200 g soften butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 lemon (grated for rind and 4 tbs of juice)
- 2 egg yolks
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g custard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- almonds, for decoration
- cherries, for decoration
- Preheat oven at 180C/350°F.
- Sift flour, custard powder, and baking powder together.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and blend well.
- Fold in flour mixture, and mix till all ingredients form a soft dough.
- Fill into a piping bag with a 1 cm star nozzle.
- Pipe the dough on a cookie tray, 1 inch apart.
- Place a cherry or almond bit on top and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love trying different kinds of food, playing with flavours. I inherited it from my dad. We used to spend every Sunday, cooking something new. It was like a special day for us to spend time together. Apart from cooking, I also love travelling. My favourite places are Jamaica, and Morocco. Nothing like sitting by the side of the road somewhere, eating Jerk Chicken or a Moroccan Sandwich!