Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
photo by BakinBaby
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix with pudding
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg, and oil until crumbly.
- Reserving 1 cup, pat remainder in ungreased 9x13 pan, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- While that bakes, beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and lemon juice together until light and smooth.
- Spread over baked layer and sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is another recipe I made for a party-giving friend who doesn't do well in the kitchen ~ What can I say but that she wanted a variety of cookies/bars, & I'm good at that! Was tempted to add some lemon zest, but didn't, since that's MY preference, not my friend's! These were a big hit, & I'm keeping the recipe around here, too! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> Happily married for nearly four years, I have been a stay-at-home mom since my DD was born prematurely in January 2006. Since that time I have become more conscious of nutrition and the role it plays in every aspect of our lives. Our second DD was just born, and all is going well. I try to make the majority of our food from scratch, adding in nutritional enhancers when I can. :) I discovered I love baking bread last winter, and have been trying heartier whole-grain recipes. This summer we planted a huge garden (another first for me!) and I learned how to can. We are already looking forward to next year, as we learned so much (and have so much to change!) this summer about organic gardening.