Lamb Meatball Gyros With Yogurt and Mint - Real Simple Mag -
photo by flower7
- Ready In:
- Place an oven rack in the second-highest position and heat broiler.
- Combine the lamb, raisins, cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the bread crumbs, egg, and three-quarters of the scallions in a large bowl.
- Shape the mixture into golf ball?size meatballs and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Divide the flat bread among individual plates and top with the meatballs, yogurt, mint, and the remaining scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent sandwich! I used regular dark raisins and Panko breadcrumbs (they were the only kind I could find for some reason). Otherwise followed the recipe, cooking for 9 minutes total. The meatballs were super tender, juicy and flavorful and I liked the hint of sweetness from the raisins. I agree that Greek yogurt is a must here and while I tend to not like mint with lamb, in this case it definitely works with the other flavors. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm on a mission to produce home-maker type meals on a working girl's schedule! When I was very young, my mother was a homemaker and would make these amazing meals that I'll never forget. From an early age I would browse her many cookbooks and always held an interest in the neat ideas and recipes I found. When I was older and sometimes home alone, I would find a recipe we had the ingredients for and try my hand at it. Often without permission, and often substituting things that did not go with the dish AT ALL, but a learning experience all the same. :)