Baked (Or Grilled) Cedar-Plank Salmon (Real Simple)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pre-soaked cedar plank on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on the cedar plank. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, oil, thyme, and cayenne. Spread over the salmon.
- Cover with foil. Roast on plank for 25-30 minutes, until salmon flakes easily and is opaque throughout.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
- To grill: Follow instructions above, except put the plank with salmon (covered with foil) directly on the grill. Grill should be preheated to medium or, if using charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with white ash.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am in the process of learning how to cook. For the past several years, I haven't really had a need or interest in cooking... it seems like every time I had tried to cook in the past, it was a disaster. I was also a vegetarian for over 10 years, so I have a lingering phobia of cooking poultry and fish (I still don't eat read meat.) Practice makes perfect, so that's why I am here... getting inspiration and sharing recipes.