Keto Fathead Pizza With Soppressata
photo by frostingnfettuccine
- Ready In:
- olive oil, for greasing pan and hands
- 8 ounces about 2 cups lightly packed coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 ounces about 10 thick slices soppressata or 1 1/2 ounces pepperoni
- parsley, basil or chives, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment, lightly grease with olive oil, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine 4 ounces mozzarella and cream cheese. Place over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until cheeses are melted and mixture forms a cohesive ball.
- Remove from heat and add almond flour, nutritional yeast, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix until almond flour is incorporated. Add egg and continue to mix until combined.
- Using oiled hands (dough will be sticky), press dough into a 9-10” round on prepared baking sheet, about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer to oven and bake 7 minutes, until browned on the bottom.
- Flip, and top with tomato sauce, remaining 4 ounces mozzarella, and soppressata. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Return to oven and continue cooking until cheese is melted and crust is browned on the top, about 6 minutes more.
- Top with desired herbs and cut into wedges. Serve immediately.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!