Izakaya Sakura Kinpira Gobo
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from a local Japanese restaurant.
- Ready In:
- 1 burdock root
- 2 carrots
- 3 tablespoons dashi (or water)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (or 2 tbs sake and 2 tsp sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Peel gobo (burdock root) and carrot and cut into short, thin strips. Soak the.gobo strips in water for 5 minutes and drain well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan, and stir-fry gobo for 2 minutes. Add carrot strips in the pan and stir-fry together for 3 more minutes.
- Add water, sake, mirin, sugar and soy sauce, and cook until the liquid is gone.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION