It's a Wrap! Egg Salad
Egg salad dotted with peas, scallions, red bell peppers. Spiced with a creamy chipotle dressing. layered into a wrap with thinly sliced tomatoes, pepperoni and greens. All rolled up and enjoyed by all on the run or packed up for a picnic in the park.
- Ready In:
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup defrosted peas
- 2 tablespoons diced scallions
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 chipotle pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 4 fresh spinach leaves (or your favorite greens)
- 1⁄4 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Place eggs in a pot covered with water. Bring to a boil cover and remove from heat. When cool remove shells and dice eggs. Place in a bowl with peas, scallions, red bell pepper, stir to combine.
- Mix chipotle, garlic, mayonnaise, and yogurt. Toss into salad to coat all.
- Place the 2 tortilla on a flat surface, top at end of tortilla with greens, tomatoes, pepperoni topping with egg salad.
- Roll up and slice on a angle. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic for a summer lunch on the beach or in the park.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This makes a terrific wrap for an on-the-go lunch! I will make it again using a whole chipotle pepper and adding a couple of teaspoons of the adobo sauce to the dressing in order to bring out more of the chipotle pepper. As is, this was too mild for my tastes! Thanks! Made for Craze-E Contest.Reply
I selected this salad because it looked like a very nice lunch box treat. Red leaf lettuce was used in place of the spinach and a little less mayo than called for in the recipe was used. For me the chipotle could have been increased and the recipe really made enough egg salad for 4 nice servings. I packed this freshly made in my lunchbox and by lunch time it was a little soggy. After chilling the egg salad first it made an easier transport. All in all a good use of contest ingredients. Good luck in Craze-E Contest.Reply