Irish Cream Cake
This sounds delicious. The recipe comes from Chef 2.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix, without-pudding
- 4 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil or 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream (I use Emmets, which is about half the price)
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, vodka, Bailey's and eggs in a bowl, beat until smooth.
- Pour into greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely and invert onto a serving plate.
- Mix a little powdered sugar and a little Bailey's and drizzle over the top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very, very good cake. I gave 2/3rds of it to friends who are still raving whether they had plain or with ice cream. My 96 year old friend said poke holes in the cake and let the frosting sink into the holes. I wonder what I did wrong. The sugar and Bailey's was terrific, even if it was on the plate and not the cake. This cake was fun, easy and delicious.
This is possibly the easiest cake I've ever made, and also very moist and delicious. The flavor is a sophisticated blend of subtle chocolate and stronger Bailey's. I didn't change a thing and I can't imagine doing so. I did make a light glaze of Bailey's and powdered sugar. I put most of this on the cake, but when I only had a couple tablespoons or so left, I also mixed in some unsweetened cocoa powder and a bit of water. So I ended up with 2 different flavors and colors of glaze on the cake, and then I also put a few sprinkles on top to add a little color. Thank you for a great recipe that everyone enjoyed.