Cream Puff Cake
photo by pinklily_wv
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large heavy suacepan, heat butter and water to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and reduce heat to low.
- Cook and stir until it forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Spread in bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk and beat until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and beat until thickened.
- Spread over cooled shell.
- Top with whipped topping, and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was fantastic! I made it the night before, because I like to make pudding type desserts and let them sit and absorb the flavors (but save the Cool Whip for shortly before serving). I made this for a party and it was a huge hit! We did use the chocolate sauce, and it was perfect! I did not notice the crust getting soggy at all.
Made this for dessert for Easter dinner, and I can hardly move as I write this review. This was reallllllly good! I added just about a half teaspoon of vanilla to the pudding mix, seemed to make the vanilla flavor come out. Also, when blending the cream cheese and milk, cream the cheese first, then add the milk slowly. DH wants me to make this again (not tomorrow though :o)...) and put some bananas in it. Yum! :o)
see 57 more reviews
This was a fabulous dessert! Instead of using Cool Whip, I made homemade whipping cream. Whipped cream loses its volume after about 2 days, so only put as much whipped cream on the cream puff dessert as your family will eat in 2 days (1 pint or 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, whipped with an electric mixer, will give you 4 cups of whipped cream and will be enough to cover the entire cream puff dessert). *********************************************** HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM: (This recipe makes 4 cups and will cover the entire top of the cream puff dessert) POUR 1 pint or 2 cups heavy whipping cream into a chilled medium mixing bowl. START by beating the cream with an electric mixer on low, just to incorporate air into the cream. INCREASE the mixer speed to medium and beat until the cream begins to get fluffy. GRADUALLY add 1/2 cup sugar and beat the cream until it gets fairly thick. THE CREAM IS THE RIGHT CONSISTENCY WHEN stiff peaks can be formed when the mixer beaters are lifted straight upward, out of the whipped cream. DO NOT OVERBEAT or the cream will turn to butter. Thanks for sharing such an awesome recipe, yooper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!