Individual Cheesy Bacon-Wrapped Eggs
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 teaspoons melted butter (can use a little more if desired) or 12 teaspoons bacon grease (can use a little more if desired)
- 12 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese (can use more)
- 6 large eggs (I use jumbo eggs, extra large eggs is okay also)
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional and to taste)
- 6 English muffins, halves toasted (optional)
- salsa (optional and to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Spray inside of each muffin tin with cooking spray (or use Pan Release).
- In a skillet cook the bacon slices over medium heat until brown but still flexible (do not cook until crisp!).
- Wrap 1 slice of bacon around the inside of each muffin cup.
- Drizzle about 2 teaspoons melted butter into the inside of each cup.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoons grated cheese over the melted butter, then crack 1 egg over the cheese.
- Season the egg with black pepper and a little salt.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove then top with another tablespoon of grated cheese on top of the egg; return to oven until the cheese has melted and the egg is cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The kids and I made these last night and then heated them up in the microwave for breakfast this morning. I followed the recipe as written other then I used OM cooked bacon. I did add the pepper and salt but did not add any of the other optional ingredients. The kids liked them but said next time they would like to have the eggs scrambled as this was more like a hard boiled egg to them.