Feel free to use chicken pieces instead. Whatever meat is used it is a warm and comforting dish that is different and tasty. Posted by request from Game Meats forum. Duck would be great here too or any kind of poultry. Adjust other ingredients too such as chicken bouillon and turkey bacon instead of beef and pork. Please let me know if you try this and how you experiment with it!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 3 lbs rabbit, cut in pieces (or chicken, duck or other poultry)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine (white may be used if desired)
- 1 cup water
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Season meat with salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour.
- In a deep fry pan fry bacon until just done but not crispy.
- Remove bacon from grease and brown meat pieces in grease.
- Cut cooked bacon into bite sized pieces and add to pan along with remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I used one cut-up fryer rabbit and Costco real bacon crumbles. The bacon, already cooked, didn't give up any more grease, so I stirred it around in some olive oil until it was browner, for the flavor. Would have been better if I'd started with raw bacon. I had about a cup of Mogan David Concord which smelled pretty strong and used 1.5 cups water. I added 3 potatoes in big chunks and whole baby-cut carrots so I'd have a one dish meal. Very yummy.