Healthy Kid Friendly Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie
photo by Laniamartin
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Heat enough olive oil to thinly films the bottom of the saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Add carrots and cook 5 minutes to soften.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter. Wisk in flour and mix well. Mixture will be dry. Gradually add 1 Cup stock to the saucepan. Cool 2-3 minutes until mixture begins to thicken and takes on a golden color.
- Add chicken, corn and any additional stock to achieve consistency. (Some like it soupy, some like it thicker.) Add salt to taste.
- Place Mixture in baking dish and top with pie crust. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until crust is golden and pie is bubbly.
- **Variation: Mashed potatoes can be substituted for pie crust topping.
- **The longer you leave the chicken in the poached water to cool, the moister it will be.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!