Deep Dish Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 tablespoons butter, separated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, finely sliced
- 2 medium carrots, finely sliced
- 5 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups turkey meat, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 -3 cups turkey gravy
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup milk, warmed
- salt, Smokey Seasoned Salt
- ground pepper
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a deep pie dish by placing a the pie crust into the dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet and add onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms and garlic. Cook over low heat until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in turkey, corn, peas and gravy (using enough to coat everything), to the sauteed mixture. Remove from the heat, stir in the fresh parsley and sage.
- Place filling into pie dish.
- Mix leftover mashed potatoes with milk to soften.
- Spread the potatoes over the filling.
- Dot with the remaining butter and sprinkle with seasoned salt or salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 20 - 30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews