Easiest "homemade" Chicken (Or Turkey) Pot Pie Ever!
photo by TishT
- Ready In:
1 deep-dish pie
- 2 ready-made pie crusts (I prefer Pillsbury)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans
- 4 potatoes
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans gravy (I like to use 1 each of chicken, turkey & beef, but you can play with this one.)
- poultry seasoning
- garlic salt
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and take pie crusts out of the fridge to allow to warm up a bit.
- Saute the chicken in a large, deep skillet with the chopped onion and 2 TB margarine until chicken is no longer pink. Season with 3 dashes poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and 2 dashes garlic salt. While chicken is cooking, peel and chop potatoes. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl with a little bit of water, cover and microwave for 8 minutes.
- When chicken is done, add cans of gravy and worcestershire sauce. Gravy should "bite" just a little bit from the worcestershire sauce, as the flavors will mellow out while baking (worcestershire sauce may have to be adjusted depending on which brand of gravy you use.)
- Add veggies to chicken mixture.
- Unroll one crust and place in the bottom of a 2-quart oven-proof dish. Pour chicken mixture on top, and cover with other crust. Seal & crimp crust and cut for venting.
- Bake at 400 degrees until top is browned, about 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I did take some license with this recipe and I ended up not having worcestershire but we really liked these. I had cooked chicken so I used that, as well as some mixed frozen veggies I had - corn, green beans & carrots. We mixed the cans of gravy as suggested. I made two deep dish pot pies and one small pie for the freezer for the Freezer Tag game. They were easy to put together and tasty. DH says they need some spice but I can't figure out what he thinks they need. We served with mashed potatoes and gravy (Southern Style) Thanks for a recipe I can definitely use for OAMC - to freeze: Freeze unbaked solid, wrap. To reheat: Thaw in refrigerator; remove heavy duty foil. Bake as directed for approx. 25 min or until heated through. Thanks