Brunch Ham & Cheese Frittata
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mince garlic. Using the flat part of the knife, press down on the garlic clove until it crushes. Cut off the stubby end and peel off the skin. Chop with knife.
- In skillet, saute minced garlic, diced potatoes and onions in olive oil.
- Once brown, add a few teaspoons water and cook another 1-2 minutes. Then add in the diced ham.
- In bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the ham, potatoes and onions.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the eggs have set around the edges of the skillet.
- Place skillet into the oven and bake at 450°F for 5-10 minutes, or until eggs have set in the middle.
- Add shredded cheese to the top and bake another 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve Ham and Cheese Frittata with Fresh Fruit.
- Cost $4.48.
- For the stovetop only, you could probably cook it for a lot longer over LOW heat until the eggs in the middle cook through.
- Another way would be to saute the garlic, onions, potatoes and ham in the skillet. Then place those into an 8x8-inch baking dish, then pour the eggs over and bake it. It may take a bit longer to bake since you don't cook the eggs on the stovetop at all. Just bake it until the eggs have set in the middle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.