Ron's Artichoke and Two Cheese Frittata
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 1 quart shallow casserole pan or quiche pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter (or use the cooking spray).
- Drain and quarter artichokes and place in the prepared pan.
- Cover artichokes with the grated cheeses.
- In small pan, sauté shallots with a tablespoon of the butter until the shallots become tender, about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- In medium bowl, beat milk and eggs together with a fork. Add in the sautéed shallots and stir to combine.
- Pour milk, egg, and shallot mixture over the artichokes and cheeses.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes, or until set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I thought a Frittata always had potato so I added some chopped tinned new potatoes as I thought 6 eggs with the quantity of artichokes was a lot. I used just 4 eggs to feed 2 people. I can't see 1 small wedge of this as a meal even with potatoes added, presumably the 'Serves 6' means at a buffet or something. Like another poster I scrambled the eggs, no point in baking, served with poached mushrooms/tomatoes with herbs & 2 toasts (each!).
I added sautÃ©ed mushrooms on top of the artichokesâ€¦ other than that I followed the recipe. The recipe ingredient indicated 1 tablespoon of olive oil, but the directions never indicated where to use itâ€¦ so I omitted it. I served this as an appetizer, room temperature, cut into small squares. Very yummy!
We loved it! This frittata is easy and elegant. I lightened it up a bit too by using cooking spray in place of the butter as suggested and using some egg substitute. The ingredients list has olive oil, but I didn't see it in the directions... I did add just a smidge of cayenne pepper. I used a 9 inch pie plate and baked mine an additional 3 minutes and then broiled for 2 minutes on high to brown the top. We'll be making again!