Potato, Ham & Cheese Frittata
Serve this tasty dish anytime of day!
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 medium size red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and diced
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced ham or 1/4 lb Canadian bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dry and lightly salt potatoes.
- In heavy skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat.
- To skill add alternating layers of potatoes, shallots, green pepper and ham or Canadian Bacon.
- Cover skillet and cook on low for 10 minutes until tender (occasionally lift potatoes to prevent them from sticking).
- Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs with whisk until foamy.
- Add cayenne pepper and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese on vegetables.
- Spread the egg mixture evenly in the pan, lifting vegetables allowing egg mixture to run under and between potatoes.
- Cook on medium heat (shaking pan occasionally) until the eggs are set on the bottom and still slightly liquid on top.
- Cook in the oven until eggs are set, 8-10 minutes.
- Frittata can be served warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My family really enjoyed this frittata. I made this in a 12" cast iron skillet which gave the potatoes a nice, crispy crust. This goes together quickly and the flavors work well together in this dish. Next time, I think that I would chop the bell pepper and Canadian bacon. Also, we thought that it needed a little more egg. Overall, we liked this and I would make it again. Good luck in the contest.Reply