Potato, Ham & Cheese Bake
Hash browns form a hearty crust for this easy main dish egg and cheese bake. Another recipe I found from Land O Lakes site, but adapted to add more flavor.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ham, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in 10 inch, oven safe, skillet over medium heat and then add hash browns. Sprinkle potatoes with seasoned salt and stir to blend and continuing heating the potatoes for 5 minutes. Take off heat and press potatoes onto bottom and up sides of the pan.
- Combine half & half, eggs and pepper in medium bowl; beat until well mixed. Stir in ham, 2 tablespoons green onions and bell pepper. Sprinkle half of cheese over potatoes. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with remaining cheese and green onions. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this for breakfast today and it was wonderful! I don't have an oven-safe skillet so I cooked the hashbrown in a skillet and then transfered to a pie plate. Next time I will cook the hash browns a little longer so they will be more crispy when the dish is finished. I left out the bell pepper (we don't like) and added all the onions in the egg mixture (wanted to try and hide them from 4yr DS). Was very quick and easy and we all enjoyed it. Even 4yr DS ate it onions and all and didn't even notice the hash browns (only potato he eats is fries!) Made for 1-2-3-Hits March 2010.