Green Pea, Feta & Mint Fritters
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe found in the Sunday Star Times, Escape magazine. Sounds interesting.
- Ready In:
- 125 ml milk, trim
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 75 g feta
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 courgettes, large, grated, squeeze our excess moisture
- 1⁄4 cup mint, fresh, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the flour until smooth, then stir in the feta, peas, courgettes, mint and lemon zest.
- Spray a large pan with oil and sppon in mixture in 1/4 cup portions. Cook approximately 3 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Add more oil if necessary.
- Serve with wedges of lemon and a green salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It IS interesting! and very tasty and different. Came together easily, but I left out the lemon zest. (don't like it) They are wonderful with Lamb, and just as good cold! The different flavors come thru well. I added pepper and salt to the mix. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND these! made for Aussie swap, Nov 2011Reply