Green Beans Parmesan
These green beans look very pretty with the red and yellow peppers added. Throw in the italian seasonings and you get a great side dish. From an Atlanta real estate company cookbook by Cathryn DuBow. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup vegetable oil, but I thought that was too much.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil (I use a bit less)
- 1 cup yellow sweet pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- Cook the green beans in boiling water to cover for 3 minutes; drain, and plunge into cold water. Drain well, and set aside.
- Pour oil into a large skillet; place over medium heat until hot. Add sweet peppers, onion, and garlic, and saute for 3 minutes. Add the reserved green beans, basil, and next 3 ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Transfer bean mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.