Great Grandma Evelyn's Uncooked Fruitcake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is an awesome recipe. Only five ingredients and pretty simple to make (even easier if you have a food processor).
- Ready In:
- 72hrs 20mins
- 1 lb vanilla wafer, crushed
- 2 cups dates, minced finely
- 1 cup candied cherry, minced finely (optional)
- 1 lb nuts, diced finely (pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup sweet Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- In a large bowl combine wafers, dates, cherries (if using), and nuts.
- Mix well, then pour Eagle Brand Milk over and continue to mix until all dry ingredients are saturated with the milk. You may have to use your hands to mix as this mixture is quite stiff.
- You might have to add a little more milk or water- but only a little at a time.
- Line a loaf pan with waxed paper letting it extend over the sides some.
- Pack the mixture in the prepared pan, leaving no spaces. Refrigerate 2-3 days before slicing to serve. Slice thinly and refrigerate remaining cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION