Granmama's Uncooked (No Bake, No Cook) Fruitcake
photo by michelles3boys
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 20mins
- 1 lb graham cracker
- 1 lb raisins
- 1⁄2 lb pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 24 big marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Granmama's recipe calls for "puffed" raisins. To puff them, soak in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Chop the nuts; drain and cut cherries in half (if they are whole).
- Melt marshmallows in milk.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pack into regular sized loaf pan.
- Refrigerated overnight and cut with a hot knife.
- Coconut is an optional ingredient.
- Cook time is refrigeration time.
Icebox (no bake) fruitcake is the only kind of fruitcake I like. This recipe is great! I used half the amount of raisins called for, and added about 1 cup of coconut. I didn't bother plumping the raisins, as I didn't see the need. The dough is sticky to work with, but after pressing it in a loaf pan and chilling it, it's not as bad. I lined my loaf pan with parchment paper so I could remove the cake easier.