Gingered Sugar Snap Peas - Australia
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove tip of each sugar snap pea; pull string from side and set aside until needed.
- In large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; fry garlic and ginger until fragrant, for 1 minute.
- Add peas and 2 tbsp water; cover and steam until tender-crisp, for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil, salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loving this! I found the peas at the local store, wonders never cease. lol. Served the peas with grilled lamb and a potato salad. This only took the 15 mins because of cleaning the peas. Cooking is uber fast and mine were the perfect tender crisp texture. Kato, I'm sorry, the camera battery crapped out before I got to the veg. They tasted and looked great though! :D
I've been growing sugar snaps in my garden for years, eating them raw and in salads, and trying to coax the young kids to eat them. "Try them! They're sweet and crunchy!" Nope. I've sauteed them in butter, and they were OK. Finally, here is a recipe that keeps the sweet and crunchy and has so much flavor! We will be doing the sugar snaps this way from now on. This is a fabulous recipe!
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.