Garlic Butter Spice Shrimp With Mashed Potatoes
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. Shrimp in garlicky spiced broth with mashed potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- Heat mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Cook garlic in butter on low heat for 1-2 minutes just until they release their oil. Add garlic and butter to a pot with chicken broth, taco seasoning, cumin, garlic, & the rest of the butter. Heat to boiling. Add shrimp & heat through.
- Spoon a mound of mashed potatoes high into the center of a soup bowl. Fill surrounding area with shrimp and broth. Serve with crusty french bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
High marks for simplicity and overall prep time. Used Old El Paso taco seasoning which ended up having more of a red pepper flake kick than I thought it would, but we like that and are excited to try to find more creative uses for taco seasoning. Luckily left a couple shrimp out for the daughter who doesn't like anything spicy. Definitely get the french bread, three of us finished a whole loaf dipping it into the sauce. Great meal for a busy evening and still feeling like something different.Reply