Citrusy Garlic Shrimp
photo by Genius Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- lemons or lime wedge
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and shrimp; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Turn shrimp with spatula; cook shrimp 2 minutes longer on other side.
- Remove shrimp to serving platter; garnish with lemon wedges.
- **We give this a little squirt with the lemon wedge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is just about the only way my family will eat shrimp now that we've had it this way. Served with a rice pilaf and a green salad, it makes a quick yet flavorful meal. I'd recommend using extra virgin olive oil instead of the vegetable oil, however. The smoking point is higher and it brings out the garlic without a heavy, oily taste.
I must add my accolade! We used spicy garlic oil instead of regular cooking oil. This is a restaurant quality dish that can be made at home. My husband slurped the buttery garlic sauce out of his plate like soup. There wasn't even a molecule left of this dish when we were finished. We also cut some corners and bought the shrimp already cooked, peeled and deveined, it took 10-12 minutes tops to prepare.