Garlic Bread With Mozzarella
This is so yummy with lasagne/pasta! From Kraft.
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients except bread.
- Slice bread partially at 1 inch intervals; be careful to not cut all the way through loaf.
- Spread 1 side of each slice with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 425F for 25 minutes; serve hot.
- You may also use 2 TB of chopped fresh parsley instead of oregano.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made 1/2 of this recipe and froze the other 1/2 of the bread. The only thing I changed was to omit the pepper, for my family's taste. It was beautiful, for sure, but the middle was a bit mushy. If I make it again (because the flavor wowed them!), I will just cut it into the slices, bake for just a few minutes, put the toppings on and bake a little longer. I liked the convience of this method, but it didn't work out. Thanks for the flavor!
Yum! Fabulous bread, very cheesy, not too buttery, if there is such a thing. I usually keep garlic bread in the freezer along with containers of spaghetti sauce for busy nights. This bread would also be great to make ahead or for OAMC, especially since it can be frozen and then baked in the foil wrapping. Thanks, WaterMelon, for sharing your recipe!
This was so good! We actually followed the recipe exactly and did't change a thing. I can't believe how good this simple recipe is! I made a fresh french loaf instead of buying one at the store. Restaurant quality, for sure! Thanks so much for sharing this delicious and simple recipe. This will be a part of our spaghetti meals from now on :)