Everyday Banana Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cupcake, 9 x 13, or 2 (8 or 9 inch) layer pans.
- Dump all ingredients (except walnuts) into large bowl.
- Mix by hand using a wire whisk or wooden spoon just until the dry ingredients are combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- If using walnuts, mix with a teaspoon of flour and then fold into batter.
- Bake 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and frost with favorite frosting, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was really suprised, I have had chocolate versions of mayo cakes, but never banana. This is very moist and delicious! I actually made these into cupcakes since DH wanted to take these as a treat to the kids where he works. I also frosted with cream cheese frosting. Thanks Deja A! I'll make these again! Made for 2009 Spring PAC
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love everything about food--cooking, eating, even grocery shopping, so I guess that would qualify me as a foodie! I love to read cookbooks and watch Food TV for inspiration, but mostly I just cook without recipes. There is nothing that I like better than plying my family and friends with a home-cooked meal. Food is love.