Edam Cheese With Shrimp Stuffing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs edam cheese, peeled
- 3⁄4 lb raw shrimp, shelled,deveined,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded,finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 6 pimento stuffed olives, drained,chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut a 1 inch-thick slice off the top of the cheese.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the center of the cheese, forming a shell 1/2 inch thick.
- Hollow out the lid.
- Place the cheese in a large pot and pour cold water to cover.
- Soak for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese pulled from the center to make 2 cups; set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Drain the cheese shell well.
- Place the bottom in a baking dish with high sides just large enough to hold cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Saute onions for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the tomato and seasoning and cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the shrimp, grated cheese, bread crumbs, olives, and raisins.
- Then add the beaten egg.
- Turn this mixture into the cheese bottom and top with lid.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Top should be bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note