Easy Southern Peach Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 pie crust (box 15 oz Pillsbury softened as directed on box.)
- 5 1⁄2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (8 to 9 medium up to 6 cups total)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (12 ounce) bag whole frozen raspberries (thawed, drained and liquid reserved. Can substitute blackberries.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, gently mix peaches and lemon juice to coat.
- Gently stir in all remaining pie ingredients.
- Spoon into crust-lined pan and top with second crust; seal edge and flute.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- If necessary, add water to reserved raspberry liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Gradually stir liquid into sugar mixture and cook, stirring contantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Gently fold in raspberries; stir in almond extract.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To serve, cut pie into wedges; place on individual dessert plates.
- Spoon sauce over pie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty! I added 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon (peach pie withOUT cinnamon??). I also had WAY too many peaches to fill the recommended 9" pie plate! I followed the directions to the "T"...6 cups sliced peaches. I think 4-5 would have been perfect. We don't do the sauce thing. In fact, we used an oatmeal crumb topping. Super delish!