Easy Rhubarb Cake
This sounds too easy to be true but the result is a truly beautiful dessert with an excellent flavour. I found it in Mastercook while searching for something to serve for a bunch of children but the adults loved it too. The originator is a Francis Bolton. Bless her, whoever she is! Be sure and bake it enough. If the top is dark it doesn't matter, no-one sees it.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb, amount approximate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 8 ounces miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line the bottom of an ungreased 9x13- inch baking pan with enough chopped rhubarb to cover bottom.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over rhubarb.
- Then sprinkle Jello powder and marshmallows.
- Prepare a standard white cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour the mix over ingredients in pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes and invert pan on serving sheet.