Easy Fruit Cobbler With Splenda
photo by NoraMarie
- Ready In:
- Combine all of the ingredients except the fruit in a bowl.
- Pour it into an 8x8 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Add the fruit right on top.
- The crust will come up over the fruit and cover it.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
I made this for my father-in-law because he is diabetic. I really do not like cooking with splenda, as those dishes never really turn out like the pictures. Anyhow, he said it was really good aside from the fact that the apples didn't soften, he doesn't have any teeth to chew them. All in all, I gave it four stars for the sake of the diabetics out there. I did take a small taste, and it was super sweet. Prepare your palate for a dish for a sweet tooth. Hehe.
Thank you for a simple, easy, and healthy dessert! I doubled the recipe because I knew it wouldn't last long with my husband's sweet tooth. I used 2 cups blueberries and 2 cups strawberries. I also added 1/2 tsp cinnamon, a dash of powdered ginger, and a dash of cloves to the batter. That really boosted the flavor. I'm so glad to have a guilt-free cobbler that's not loaded with sugar and fat. Thanks for posting!